Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Asus G60J - Maximum RAM Upgrade

I've been searching around the internet and I haven't found a definite answer so I thought I post here. What's the maximum amount of RAM I can install on my notebook? I currently have 4GB standard install but I'm looking to upgrade to 8GB. Some sites say it's possible, others don't so I want to get a final confirmation before I but them. Can anyone help me?



Also, is there any way possible to upgrade my notebook screen to a Full HD version? Asked ASUS and they gave a bunch of technical answers but I wanted to know if anyone has succeeded here.



Would really appreciate all the help.



Thanks!



Scirwode

Reply 1 : Asus G60J - Maximum RAM Upgrade

It obviously supports 8GB.

Reply 2 : Asus G60J - Maximum RAM Upgrade

As long as it's an i7 model with 4 ram slots it'll do 16GB max.

Reply 3 : Asus G60J - Maximum RAM Upgrade


Quote:








Originally Posted by ALLurGroceries
View Post

As long as it's an i7 model with 4 ram slots it'll do 16GB max.



It only has two RAM slots which is 2GB x 2. I just want to make sure I can upgrade to 4GB x 2 = 8GB.



Scirwode

Reply 4 : Asus G60J - Maximum RAM Upgrade

If it's an i5/i3 model there have been numerous threads about this and nobody has ever come back and confirmed that it's worked after trying, although it shouldn't be an issue. Nobody has posted that it doesn't work either, just speculation.

Reply 5 : Asus G60J - Maximum RAM Upgrade

There is no reason for it "not" to work, unless asus specifically coded the bios not to recognize it (which asus generally does not do - but HP and toshiba will...)

No comments:

Post a Comment