Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Samsung LN46A650 Cycling On & Off

My Samsung LN46A650 LCD TV seems to be stuck in some kind of loop. The red light by the power button blinks, I hear the normal "bong" sound like it is powering on, but I get no picture. Within a couple seconds, I hear a click like it is powering down and then the "bong" again. It does this over and over as long as it is plugged in. I purchased the TV around June 2008 and have not downloaded any updated software. Not sure how I can do that now since I can't get a picture. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply 1 : Samsung LN46A650 Cycling On & Off

I have the same TV and mine just started doing the exact same thing today. It's stuck in an endless loop or cycle of on and off. My warranty expired 29 days ago (sounds just about like my luck). Have you heard anything on why it might be doing this and/or how to fix it?
Also, with my warranty just expiring do you think there is any way to still get it repaired for free or is it going to cost me $300-$400?

Reply 2 : Samsung LN46A650 Cycling On & Off

Kingeptacon,

If you register online - and you're a U.S. customer - you get an additional 3 months of warranty service on top of your warranty. Fill it out online, and then call 800-SAMSUNG to see if you can get your unit fixed.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mysamsung/product/myssMyProductRegist2.do

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Reply 3 : Samsung LN46A650 Cycling On & Off

Curious what the problem was. Found this thread and my TV is doing the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment