Thursday, March 17, 2011

HP nc4400 & Windows 7?

Hello there,



Can I run Windows 7 on an older HP nc4400 notebook with Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset? (Full specs: HP Compaq nc4400 Notebook PC - North America/U.S. QuickSpecs this particular machine would ship with an CoreDuo-processor and 2GB RAM). I think so (http://tinyurl.com/y8lxv6n), but i better ask before i buy this machine.



thx for looking!

Reply 1 : HP nc4400 & Windows 7?

It should be fine. I've successfully run Windows 7 on an even older nc6000. You might have to hunt around a bit for all the drivers, though. Starting with the Vista drivers that HP has available might be a good start:

HP Compaq nc4400 Notebook PC- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

Reply 2 : HP nc4400 & Windows 7?

Runs fine in my tc4400 and that's pretty much same computer except the touchscreen part.



Chipset itself is 32bit, thus 2+1GB memory configuration is the smartest choise if you plan to upgrade. I tried 2+2 and I got something like 200MB more.



I downloaded the quickbutton, wireless assistant and hdd sensor software from some newer elitebook driver page... 8530w I think. 8540's weren't released back then.



On my laptop download folder I have these:

sp36269 Modem driver

sp37866 Broadcom Wireless

sp43509 Card reader

sp46731 Quick launch buttons

sp48392 Wireless Assistant



So it's possible at least those devices weren't automatically detected I didn't make any notes or anything as I did the install just for myself.



Windows update offered me the updated hdd sensor software some time ago but I'm not sure if it has to be manually installed first. I did and update came automatically later.



I'm actually running 32bit windows, since the installed cpu doesn't support 64bit. It's possible some of those softpaq numbers might not work in x64 Win7 in case you plan to install it.

Reply 3 : HP nc4400 & Windows 7?

Thanks! .........

No comments:

Post a Comment