Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Power off display" after locking computer on PM 3.40

On Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, I used to have Power Manager 3.25 on my x200 before it was upgraded to 3.40 through Lenovo's System Update. With 3.25, I would be able to lock my computer so it shows the login screen with "Locked" under my user name and picture, then press Fn+F3 to turn off the display at the login screen.



With 3.40, I'm not able to do that anymore. Instead, when I press Fn+F3 after locking, it shows the regular power plan menu on the login screen and even if I select "Power off display," nothing happens. I was able to change the setting to turn off display upon hitting Fn+F3, but it still does nothing. Curiously, when I logged back in, the Fn+F3 setting still showed the power plan menu, as if I could control what the key combination does at the login screen and on the desktop.



The only way I can turn off the screen is to select "Switch User" and then dim it, but that gets annoying when I used to be able to just turn it off right after locking my computer if I needed to step away for a quick second and didn't need to put it to sleep. Can anyone else with Power Manager 3.40 please test out the Fn+F3 combination after locking their computer (doesn't matter if it's with Fn+F2 or Windows key+L) and report what happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment